Grilled vegetable recipes: Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus
Grilled vegetable recipes are very good for your and your families health. Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus is another delicious grilling recipe, addition to a spring brunch also for elegant dinner. It’s a very delicious yet healthy food. It is extremely easy to cook and really fast to serve. You can use any kind of grill like mountain, Gas grill, charcoal or electric grill for this recipe.
Time: 20 Mins
INGREDIENTS required for Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus
- 16 spears asparagus, (about 1 bunch), trimmed
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 very thin slices prosciutto, (about 1 ounce), cut in half lengthwise
PREPARATION for grilled vegetable recipes
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Toss asparagus with oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Wrap 1 length of prosciutto around the middle of 4 asparagus spears.
- Repeat, making 4 bundles. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the asparagus bundles, turning once or twice, until the asparagus is tender and charred in spots, about 10 minutes.
TIPS & NOTES:
Tip: To oil the grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.)
Per serving: 39 calories; 2 g fat ( 0 g sat , 1 g mono ); 6 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 235 mg sodium; 134 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (22% daily value).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
For more grilled vegetable recipes visit my blog tomorrow. Eat well, Live well…
*** Get $100 discount on Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker. Save your $100 Now
You may also like to see our grill shop for Grills, grill accessories and recipe books.
Leave a Reply