Hey thanks for visiting blog again. Today I am going to share one of my most favorite Grilled Chicken Recipes, Mexican roadside chicken with green onions.
Ingredients you need for Grilled chicken recipes: Mexican Roadside Chicken with Green Onions:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ancho chile powder
- A large pinch of ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed through a garlic press
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon of salt, you’ll require a little more for the onions
- 1 large chicken, about 3 lbs, butter flied
- 2 large bunches of green onions or knob onions
- A little olive oil for brushing the onions
- Grilled tomatillo salsa, for serving your grilled chicken recipe.
How can you make my first Mexican Roadside Chicken with Green Onions using our Grilled chicken recipes
- To make your Grilled chicken recipes : Mexican Roadside chicken with green onion, first light your charcoal grill to medium high. While the charcoal grill is hitting, mix all the ingredients in a bowl. And rub them with your hand nicely.
- When your charcoal grill is fully heated and covered in gray ash, pour coals out and place them on one side of the charcoal grate, keeping the other side empty. Place the chicken over the cool side of the grill, skin side down, and brush exposed side with the wet rub. Continuously spin the chicken over and over and brush the other side with the wipe. Cover your grill and cook this will add some extra flavor in your grilled chicken. Basting occasionally with any remaining rub, at 350 degrees until an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees when inserted into the thickest part of the breast, about 45 minutes.
- Remove the grilled chicken from the grill and allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting, brush the onions with olive oil and season with salt. Place the onions over the hot side of the grill and cook until tender and browned, about 5 minutes per side.
- For serving, cut the grilled chicken into quarters, top with green onions and tomatillo salsa.
You made it. Your first Mexican Roadside Chicken with Green Onions is ready to serve now. I hope you’ll enjoy your dish. Don’t forget to drop me a line you have any confusion.
Keep your eye on our blog for more grilling recipes.
Don’t forget to drop me a line about your Barbecued Chicken on the Grill.
*** Get $100 discount on Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker. save your $100 Now